Fwd: [Cryptography] Proof that the NSA does not have a quantum computer capable of attacking public key crypto (yet)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henry Baker <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:59:38 -0800
Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Proof that the NSA does not have a quantum
computer capable of attacking public key crypto (yet)
To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]

At 08:49 PM 2/9/2016, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>Proof that the NSA does not have a quantum computer capable of attacking public key crypto (yet)
>
>A) Assume that the NSA has such a machine.

I think that someone at NSA invented Bitcoin to supercharge the
development of fast encryption/decryption chips.

New forms of QC-resistant XXXcoins will be developed for similar reasons.

How to leverage NSA's research $$$$$$$$$$$'s.

It seems to have worked!

Recall that "miners" get paid in Bitcoin, but chip developers get paid
in real $$$.

Algorithm/SW developers don't need to get paid at all, because they do
it for the love of computer science, society and world peace.