Re: Making Deckled Edges on Water Colour Paper

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;>
Date: 11/28/05-05:55:58 PM Z
Message-id: <>

I was off line for a couple of days so this is a late response.
I have a heavy steel straightedge that I made by grinding a varying and wavy
edge on one side and leaving the other side straight. I do the usual tear on
the straight edge and make a "deckle" effect with the wavy edge. There is no
perfect copy of a true deckle but the tear made with the wavy steel edge
looks much like the real thing.


> From: Michael Koch-Schulte <>
> Reply-To:
> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:39:28 -0600
> To:
> Subject: Making Deckled Edges on Water Colour Paper
> Is there a way to closely reproduce that "torned-away" look the edges some
> heavier
> 22"X30" sheets of water-colour paper come from the factory with? I believe
> it's called a "deckled" edge.
> ~m
Received on Mon Nov 28 17:00:08 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 12/01/05-02:04:51 PM Z CST