Re: Gum woes

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 05/07/05-08:42:15 PM Z
Message-id: <000901c55377$a1bfc380$55affea9@scottho3aakafr>

Thanks again to all. Increasing the pigment to gum ratio from 1g/3ml to
1g/20ml worked wonders for coating. The pigment, Winsor & Newton
Ultramarine, is still gritty and separates from the gum a bit, but I found
heating the pigment before adding the dichromate helped a little. Maybe the
age of the watercolor has something to do with it. I'll get a new tube and
try that. I also found that the potassium dichromate was a bit slower than
the ammonium and I prefer the added time. I'm working on getting a page up
with my ISP so I can post some of the images. When it's up i'll post the
address.

Thanks again, Scott

swphoto@verizon.net
Received on Sat May 7 20:43:08 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 06/02/05-10:12:02 AM Z CST