Re: vacuum easel?

From: Eric S. Theise ^lt;>
Date: 01/20/05-06:17:12 PM Z
Message-id: <> writes:
> in my reading i see mention of using
> a vacuum easel to make UV exposures. when doing a UV exposure, isn't the
> negative and sensitized material sandwiched between glass? why would i need a
> vacuum easel?

Sandy's already sent you some info on this, but I think the confusion
may be between a vacuuum frame and a vacuum easel. You may be thinking
of something that holds a piece of paper flat, either for rephotography
or for enlarger work.

A vacuum frame is a hinged piece of equipment, with a sheet of glass
facing up and a rubber membrane (usually called a blanket) at the
base. The sandwich of negative (or positive) and sensitized material
is placed on the rubber, the glass cover is brought down, and the
vacuum pump is turned on so that it sucks out the air between the glass
and the rubber, ensuring very close contact.

Here's a picture of one:

Received on Thu Jan 20 18:17:58 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 02/01/05-09:28:09 AM Z CST