From: Robkin, Eugene ^lt;>
Date: 11/10/04-10:08:30 AM Z
Message-id: <>

Formaldehyde solution with methanol is sometimes available at a
recreational vehicle store or a general big box retailer like XXX_Mart.
It is used to stabilize the on-board toilet holding tanks.
Paraformaldehyde is also available and used for the same purpose.

Gene Robkin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christina Z. Anderson []
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: Help with what I believe is a hardening issue

LOL Joe, great suggestions, but it had me laughing. I had a visual of
us photographers running to our neighborhood mortuaries searching for
hardeners...explaining to a mortician what we do with formaldehyde would
like explaining to my local liquor store why I was buying Everclear.

Maybe she can do her sizing of paper at the mortuary, so if she drops
from mixing glyoxal and formaldehyde she won't have far to go, eh
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Smigiel" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: Help with what I believe is a hardening issue

>>>> 11/09/04 7:36 PM >>>
> ... Or will I drop dead on the spot?
> Does anyone know of a source for formaldehyde? ...
> Candace Spearman
> Candace,
> You might try a local mortuary. Perhaps they would be willing to part
> with a small amount if you explain the purpose. Or a biology lab...
> Joe
Received on Wed Nov 10 10:06:59 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 12/08/04-10:51:32 AM Z CST