Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 02/04/04-10:15:50 AM Z
Message-id: <017201c3eb3a$28b72e70$9729fea9@W>

> Err. Yes; I use regular tube acrylic. I didn't see any liquid acrylic in
> art stores (only Ecoline branded liquid watercolors by Talens - I think
> these are dye based highly fugitive colors for children). But this
> be a problem: I remember reading in "The Fundementals of Temperaprint"
> 1/4 to 1" of tube pigment to 6 - 12 parts of STEM can be used in
> Temperaprint.

Hi Loris,

Yes, tube pigment should be ok too. I didn't realize the instruction is in
the instruction sheets (maybe it is new). I was just suspecting that you
might have used the proportion for liquid acrylic when using tube pigment,
but it looks like that was not the case; so I think this part is fine.

> But isn't temperaprint suitable to make on a wide variety of
> surfaces like glass, wood ect.? So the gelatine side of the RC paper
> shouldn't be causing much problem (anyway will try with the backside too).

Yes, but gelatin has its own property. It can be used as glue and things
stick to it. I think hardened gelatin might be ok, but the easiest is to try
it with the back side of the RC paper first.

> I have no idea how they ink in printmaking. Which is my biggest handicap I
> think. (now I understand what Pete was refferring by saying "if you could
> see it how it is done..."). Okay: I roll in the emulsion, then roll to a
> piece of glass (if too damp then to a piece of newsprint) and then to the
> paper. My problem with bubbles was because the foam brush was too damp

It sounds like so. Unfortunately this is hard to describe in words. Your
foam roller should not contain emulsion that is so liquid or lamp. It should
be just a very thin layer that touch the paper and coat a VERY thin coat on

> I will go to the store stocking Yupo tomorrow or the day after tomorrow
> evaluate the paper (I don't even know how much does it costs).

Actually for trying/testing purposes the back side of RC paper works fine.
You must have lots of those lying around. You can use the bakc side of
used/unwanted prints for that.

Dave S
Received on Wed Feb 4 10:56:46 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:07 AM Z CST