Re: What's light integration ??? /UV exposure light boxes

From: Leonard Peterson ^lt;>
Date: 02/04/04-01:23:50 AM Z
Message-id: <>

Ok, I'm stupid but what the heck is light intergration and these units you're talking about.  Here I was just trying to decided between 24" bulbs or a metal halide (although this in itself is confusing me to no ends).  All I want is a simple set up to put my contact frame under for 12 x 18 max size.  Why won't just getting three or four two bulb holders with the BL bulbs in them, set 'em above the neg, plug 'em in and expose work?

>From: Sandy King
>Subject: Re: UV exposure light boxes
>Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:57:14 -0500
>Any UV bank can be used with an integrator. Integrator hardware,
>like most graphic equipment, is often available on ebay. Olec/Olix
>is one of the common brands, but similar instruments made by Olec
>are also sold by other names (Fuji, Tenac, etc).
>>How hard is it to build a UV bank that incorporates an integrator?
>>Is the hardware for the integrator readily available and/or
>>Mark Nelson
>>In a message dated 2/3/04 12:11:00 PM, sanking@CLEMSON.EDU writes:
>>>I would recommend a vacuum easel with either the
>>>UV bank of MH light, though you might be able to
>>>get away with a well adjusted printing frame with
>>>the  HID lamp because it functions more like a
>>>point source. To counter this, you can get fairly
>>>decent consistency in exposures with the UV bank
>>>without a light integrator. With the platemaker
>>>you will get both light integration and vacuum
>>>easel built in.

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. Received on Wed Feb 4 01:24:05 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:07 AM Z CST