Re: UV exposure light boxes

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;>
Date: 02/03/04-05:05:29 PM Z
Message-id: <00d901c3eaaa$3b138220$89c0c3cf@LuisaLaptop>

Try asking around to some of the offset printing houses in your area.
Many offset printers use UV sensitive plates for printing jobs (I worked at
a newspaper in the 80s and 90s and we used one to print our weekly paper. It
was a very unusual choice - an expensive way to print a weekly paper, but
the company had gotten the press on the cheap.)

So we used a UV plate burner all the time. It may have been a NuArc, but I
wouldn't know model number or anything. We printed 17x32 sheets on the
press. So, the plate burner was at least that big.


Barry Kleider
Photographer. Arts Educator.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Slade" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: UV exposure light boxes

> Sandy,
> I'm getting ready to start doing very large carbons and pt/pd prints this
> fall (12x20s and smaller...nothing bigger).
> I have used plate burners in the past and am very satisfied with them.
> not aware of a unit that can handle a negative of that size that isn't
> tremendously expensive.
> I have some time to shop around and do my homework. Was wondering if you
> had any suggestions.
> Yeah, I can do a huge bank of UV lights, and just might decide in the end
> that it is the best way to tackle this project, but if you know of any
> burners that might fit the bill I'd appreciate it.
> Thanks!
> (sorry for the thread hi-jack)
> Michael Slade
> Tawąyama Safaris Inc.
Received on Tue Feb 3 17:07:48 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:07 AM Z CST