Re: Camera film for enlarged negatives?

From: Dave Rose ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 08/28/04-07:12:13 AM Z
Message-id: <001101c48d00$a25a4d80$26cc9045@dave6m4323wvj7>

I use 4x5 camera film to create interpositives, then enlarge the images onto
lith film for a final negative. You can always use neutral density filters
to 'slow down' exposures, thus gaining a greater degree of control. I've
never had a problem using camera film during this process.

Lith film is less expensive than camera film and it's easier to deal with
since you can use it under a red safelight. Continuous tone camera film
offers the advantage of lower contrast.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming

> Hi,
> Does the speed of regular camera film make it a big problem
> for use in making enlarged negatives?
> Would I be better off using the Freestlye ortho film?
> Imput is appreciated!
> thanks,
> Robert Newcomb
Received on Sat Aug 28 07:13:21 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 09/14/04-09:18:01 AM Z CST