Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama
Office 205-348-2251
allen at ua.edu

On 10/13/16, 3:09 PM, "ale-bounces at ale.org on behalf of Scott Plante" <ale-bounces at ale.org on behalf of splante at insightsys.com> wrote:

    Hi, I actually know how to add a virtual disk to a VM, but once it's added, how are you supposed to know the device name so you can partition, create a filesystem, and mount it?

    I usually do this guessing-game where I do "ls /dev/xvd*" and "mount|grep xvd" and try to find what's missing, but this doesn't seem like the best way. Can you find out somehow from the xe command?

    Scott