[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Weird problem
- Subject: [ale] Weird problem
- From: thehead at patshead.com (Pat Regan)
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:55:55 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Christoper Fowler wrote:
> Why would that have worked on one net but not another?
If you didn't specify a netmask for that address the default would have
been 255.0.0.0. That means that any packets leaving the machine with a
65 in the first octet would be broadcast to the local subnet and not
routed through any gateways.
Different IP addresses would get a different default netmask.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://mail.ale.org/pipermail/ale/attachments/20081216/b7545681/attachment.bin