[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Securely disabling wireless.
- Subject: [ale] Securely disabling wireless.
- From: esoteric at 3times25.net (Geoffrey)
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:16:45 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
William Bagwell wrote:
> Getting DSL soon (Possibly today... Yeah!!!) have allready received the
> "box" (Actiontec Gateway GT704-WG) As far as I can tell from the skimpy
> literature the wireless defaults off. Suits me, but I want to insure it
> *never* gets turned on accidentally.
> Is removing the antenna enough, or should I be even more paranoid?
Removing the antenna will reduce it's range, but it will not totally
disable it. What I would do once you get it setup is, fire up kismet on
a laptop with a wireless card and see if you can see the network.
Until later, Geoffrey