[ale] Replaceing The MBR

Greetings all!

	Well, the Empire Monkey C virus rears it hoary head again....  Norton
Antivirus (NAV) says my MBR is infected with this virus, but can't repair
it.  Last night, I booted into the Win 95B DOS (which M$ says doesn't exist
any more), and performed a "FDISK /MBR".  It changed it alright, lilo was
gone, and all that was left was the Windoze 95 loader, but NAV still says
the virus is there.  I do have a boot diskett from DOS 6.22, but I'm afraid
that if I perform the FDISK /MBR from that, I'll be unable to boot up Win
{mumble}, and my wife will have my hide!

	Now: why doesn't FDISK /MBR completely overwrite whereever the MBR lives?
I have found a MBR that seems to be part of Debian, and I might try that,
just to see if it'll overwrite the nasty virus.

	Ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Danny