[ale] Pointers to Information?

The O'Rielly X books are great.  Even if they are for R5, not that much
has changed with the R6 release.  Most R5 code works/compiles just fine on
R6.  And there is also a Programmer's Supplement for Release 6 if you
want to be complete.

> TCL/Tk - If you like the visual basic sorts of development environemnt,
> look for "vtcl", a visual devel environemt for TCl/Tk. I was quite

Great for small little utility apps, but unlike what most people use it
for, it is not great for large complex apps.

> XForms - From what little I screwed around with xforms, it looked like it
> did some neat stuff and ran fairly fast, even had a decent dialog editor

I've seen an app written in XForms (xfmail?)  It was slow and limited.
The text entry area for an e-mail was about 20 lines - a limitation of the
library.

> QT - C++ development environment which is pretty simple in nature, and
> thus has a pretty short learning curve. Probably one of the nicest

QT is NICE!

Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
"Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe, But was
 that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?"  --Marillion