[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[6bone] Fwd: BCP 80, RFC 3681 on Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA
- Subject: [6bone] Fwd: BCP 80, RFC 3681 on Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA
- From: Stig.Venaas at uninett.no (Stig Venaas)
- Date: Thu Jan 22 05:23:54 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:49:21AM +0100, J?rgen Hovland wrote:
> I don't think we need to force anybody to migrate to .arpa. Just wait and
> Jesus will come.
> I recieved this answer from Microsoft. Service Pack 2 will do the trick with XP.
> All newer microsoft operating systems already use ip6.arpa (Unsure about
> CE though).
> I have no idea about Linux and I'm not very into guessing here. I'm
> already pretty unhappy with their choices of charset filtering, but thats
> another issue.
I think this is an resolver issue, and not much of an application issue.
The GLIBC resolver on Linux has done .arpa for quite a while.