Re: This isn't a joke!

Brian Phillips <[email protected]> wrote:
> How much do you want to study bears?
http://www.nfb.ca/E/4/suit.html

Indeed.  The Ursus Mark VII is already in research.  ~90%
mobility, and self-contained (via oxygen tanks) for about one
hour.  Fireproof up to 4000 degrees F, coldproof to -20 degrees
Celcius.  Withstands up to 30-30 shot, all handguns, armor-piercing
arrows, two story fall (landing on your feet).  Suck from a
few days ago inspired the article on Slashdot, which I'll wager
Hagar got this link from. :)  The designer (who doesn't have the
$1.2 million CDN to build the full suit) says it can be used for
exciting hobbies like land-mine removal, volcanic studies,
SWAT and Riot control, and of course, up-close-and-personal
grizzly bear study.

An interesting tidbit on grizzly bear study, is that they want
to get a blood sample from a hibernating grizzly.  If they
can find the hormone that induced hibernation, then interstellar
travel becomes much more feasable.

Totally off-topic::

There's a website called alladvantage.com that basically pays you
to be online.  They have a little ad bar that they stick on your
screen, and you get paid 50 cents an hour to be online and actively
using your web browser (IE or Netscape, 4.x for both).  Plus, if
you refer people, you're paid for the time they're online.  If you
know me, you probably know that I'm a purist and hate ads and
crap like that, but I really think this could be big, and they've
been paying out since July. Check it out:

http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ecv863

Sorry for the ad spam, but I'm hoping my info on the Ursus might
be worth the 30 seconds it took you to read this.  *grin*
You're going to be online anyway, you might as well get paid for it.

Cheers,
B/W/