BOUNCE geeks@lists.shorty.com: Approval required: Admin request of type /\buns\w*b/i at line 4

Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:06:14 -0500
From: Robbie Honerkamp <robbie@opus.shorty.com>
To: geeks@shorty.com
Subject: By popular demand, a new list

When this list was first setup, it was unmoderated.
Unfortunately the traffic on the list quickly increased
to the point where many people started unsubscribing.
I then setup the list as a moderated, high-content
list, which is what it is today.

Quite a few people wanted an unmoderated geek mailing
list. To this day (it'd been over two years since I
moderated this list) I still get emails from people
bugging me to set up an unmoderated list.

So...

GEEKTALK is born. It's an unmoderated mailing list.