[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[safnog] SAFNOG-1: Agenda & Program Now Full, Meeting Three Weeks Away Now!
- Subject: [safnog] SAFNOG-1: Agenda & Program Now Full, Meeting Three Weeks Away Now!
- From: mark.tinka at seacom.mu (Mark Tinka)
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 16:44:48 +0200
The SAFNOG-1 agenda and program is now full!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody
from the Internet community that submitted their presentations
for SAFNOG's first-ever meeting.
The agenda will cover various operational topics, including:
- State of IP address resources in & around Africa
- SDN & NFV
- Cloud networking
- Internet security
- DoS & DDoS mitigation
- Data centre & data centre bridging technologies
- IETF operations
- Submarine optical cable systems
- Ethernet & Carrier Ethernet
- Research & Education network operations
- IPv6 & IPv6-only networking
- CDN's & content development for Africa
- Network measurements and telemetry
- MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum)
The agenda will also have two very noteworthy keynote
speakers - Kai U. Wulff of Google, and Ali Resting of Real
To view the full agenda, along with the bios and profiles
of our very distinguished set of speakers, please follow
SAFNOG-1 will also feature community networking opportunities,
with an Opening Cocktail Social at the end of Day 1, and a Closing
Dinner Social at the end of Day 2. All registered participants are
cordially invited to each of these social events, compliments of
SAFNOG and each social's sponsors.
In case you haven't yet registered to attend SAFNOG-1, please do
so at your earliest opportunity, via the link below:
Travel information for participants coming to SAFNOG-1 is also
For any other information about SAFNOG, and SAFNOG-1, please follow
We look forward to seeing you all in Johannesburg.
On Behalf of the SAFNOG Management Committee