[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Mx204 alternative
- From: adamv0025 at netconsultings.com (adamv0025 at netconsultings.com)
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:00:43 +0100
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <CA+LTh5UUbV7YNFZOh0b88-4H46VvtksVgTyRRKttmqX0__cDSw@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
> Mark Tinka
> Sent: Monday, September 2, 2019 9:22 AM
> On 8/Aug/19 16:50, Tom Hill wrote:
> > No-one has mentioned it yet, so for completeness big C have the ASR
> > 9901 (not 9001) with traditional router bits in it.
> This is the closest competitor to the MX204 as in-house silicon-based boxes
> But for me, I've always felt that IOS XR is too bloated for Metro-E
> applications. I actually prefer IOS XE in the Metro.
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you then, since the new metro portfolio (NCS) from Cisco is all XR.
But on the upside it means better support for YANG...