[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tunable QSFP Optics
- Subject: Tunable QSFP Optics
- From: phil.lavin at cloudcall.com (Phil Lavin)
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 16:35:24 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
> Does anyone know if any Single Mode QSFPs exist on the market that use wavelengths other than 1310nm (either self tunable or factory tuned)?
> I am looking to put more than one 40gb link on a fiber pair similar to using DWDM OADMs for 1g & 10g but can't seem to find any qsfp optics that don't use 1310nm.
I've probed our optics vendor about this in the past when trying to achieve something similar. Although they state 1310nm, they actually run at 4 different 10G wavelengths (one of which is 1310) and as such are not suitable for Mux/Demuxing.