[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is WHOIS going to go away?
- Subject: Is WHOIS going to go away?
- From: rob at invaluement.com (Rob McEwen)
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:02:11 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <3nl6z4nf60nu48y225042018101026@CNWeb01> <[email protected]>
On 4/25/2018 10:50 AM, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:
> And of course then there's the conventional wisdom that (some) anti-spammers see secret registration as a sign that you are likely a spammer, or otherwise engaged in bad activities
(and I concur... although I do understand the frustration about the
phone spam, too - I recently registered a dozen domains and I was
getting 10+ calls a day for weeks - which I why I recommend starting
with a hidden registration - then switching to an unhidden registration
some weeks later. This isn't a perfect solution, but it helps since the
hit freshly registered domains the hardest.)