[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is WHOIS going to go away?
- Subject: Is WHOIS going to go away?
- From: fhr at fhrnet.eu (Filip Hruska)
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 14:21:59 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
EURID (.eu) WHOIS already works on a basis that no information about the
registrant is available via standard WHOIS.
In order to get any useful information you have to go to
https://whois.eurid.eu and make a request there.
Seems like a reasonable solution.
Linux System Administrator
On 04/14/2018 04:06 PM, Brian Kantor wrote:
> There is concern that the WHOIS database service will be in violation
> of the new European GDPR which takes effect May 25th, and may have
> to shut down.
> - Brian