[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Benefits (and Detriments) of Standardizing Network Equipment in a Global Organization
- Subject: Benefits (and Detriments) of Standardizing Network Equipment in a Global Organization
- From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu)
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 20:55:07 -0500
- In-reply-to: <CA[email protected]>
- References: <CA[email protected]>
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 15:36:10 -0500, Chris Grundemann said:
> A global hospitality organization with 100+ locations recently asked us how
> to weigh the importance of standardizing infrastructure across all their
> locations versus allowing each international location to select on their
> own kit.
The first question that comes to mind is:
Does the organization have any centralized IT, or is *that* done by
each location? The procurement directives need to be coming from the
group that actually does day-to-day support of each location, or the
resulting culture clash will cause issues....
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 484 bytes
Desc: not available