[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Canada joins the 21st century !
- Subject: Canada joins the 21st century !
- From: nanog at ics-il.net (Mike Hammett)
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 15:58:25 -0600 (CST)
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <1490299301.5631.1482499128416.JavaMail.mhammett@ThunderFuck> <[email protected]>
In the US there are thousands of independent ISPs. I assume Canada at least has hundreds of them. There are plenty of ways of utilize independents to improve access versus throwing cash into a fan.
Not to mention the ridiculousness of a 50/10 requirement.
Intelligent Computing Solutions
Midwest Internet Exchange
The Brothers WISP
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Sage" <jsage at finchhaven.com>
To: Nanog at nanog.org
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:23:26 AM
Subject: Re: Canada joins the 21st century !
On 12/23/2016 05:18 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> The government getting involved with the Internet rarely goes well. The FCC is a shining example of how to usually do it wrong.
I agree. To hell with 'government'. What has it done for you lately, anyway?
Canada should just have Comcast (or is it "Xfinity"?) provided
nation-wide Internet service as a for-profit monopoly.