[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Canada joins the 21st century !
- Subject: Canada joins the 21st century !
- From: sethm at rollernet.us (Seth Mattinen)
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 07:37:10 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 12/22/16 6:59 AM, Jean-Francois Mezei wrote:
> Nothing happens for now because a "follow up" process is needed to
> decide how the funding mechanism will work (what portions of a companies
> revenues are counted to calculated its mandated contribution to fund)
> and how the process of bidding for subsidies will work. That could take
> 1 to 2 years.
It would certainly suck to be an ISP in Canada and be forced to fund
your competitors. Or does Canada not have any small privately run ISPs
like we do in the US?