[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cloudflare reverse DNS SERVFAIL, normal?
- Subject: Cloudflare reverse DNS SERVFAIL, normal?
- From: opendak at shaw.ca (David)
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 15:13:50 -0600
- In-reply-to: <CAJCOW[email protected]>
- References: <CAJCOW[email protected]>
On 2016-08-29 2:46 PM, Jeremy wrote:
> We're seeing a huge uptick in reverse dns lookup failures across an app,
> 99% are all for Cloudflare ip addresses.
> Instead of seeing a PTR or NXDOMAIN we're getting back SERVFAIL.
> Does anyone know if this is a standard response from them? Do they not have
> reverse DNS setup for their networks?
Got an example range? All the ones I'm checking here seem fine.
> Trying to narrow this down to see if it's a result in a change in how our
> application handles these errors or if there's an issue going on with
> cloudflare's DNS setup.