[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What's the meaning of virtual POP ?
- Subject: What's the meaning of virtual POP ?
- From: sunyucong at gmail.com (Yucong Sun)
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 22:31:11 +0000
I came across the idea of the virtual POP , but the website for them have
way too much jargon to me, can someone explain it like i'm five
Specifically, my question is :
1. Is virtual POP basically a L2VPN? That is, the provider will provide a
port at site A,that is somehow connected to LAN of site B ? What's
difference with vpop and layer 2 transport then?
2. Do such vPOP have guaranteed latency/bandwidth?
3. Is that really useful? If I'm already buying transit bandwidth/announce
my blocks from provider, the site B peers is already going to send traffic
through provider's backbone to site A, then what's the difference?