[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
nxdomain rfc2308 type 2, but authority is incorrect
- Subject: nxdomain rfc2308 type 2, but authority is incorrect
- From: bill at herrin.us (William Herrin)
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 14:52:56 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> Windows 2008 dns cannot resolve it.
> BIND can.
Does Windows 2008 like anything in the "hosting" TLD?
I notice that the nameresolve.com servers returning the CNAME to
kissimmee-fl.vts.hosting are also returning an SOA record for
"hosting" in the authority section which looks very strange to me.
Perhaps Windows is rejecting it as an invalid, possibly dangerous
William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us
Owner, Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>