[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?
- Subject: Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?
- From: blake at ispn.net (Blake Hudson)
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:24:00 -0600
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Considering T-Mobile's proposal is intended to favor streaming music and
video services, I think it clearly violates net neutrality which is
intended to not only promote competition in existing applications, but
also in new (possibly undeveloped) applications. This proposal simply
entrenches streaming video/music by artificially reducing the cost to
operators in these fields while leaving costs the same for operators in
other fields - medical imaging, video conferencing, online backup, etc.
I believe the sum affect is a reduction in competition and growth of the
internet as a whole, the antithesis to the spirit of net neutrality.