[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Why are there no GeoDNS solutions anywhere in sight?
- Subject: Why are there no GeoDNS solutions anywhere in sight?
- From: mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta)
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:29:34 +0900
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> Why even stop there: all modern browsers usually know the exact
> location of the user, often with street-level accuracy.
If you think mobile, they don't, especially because "often" is
not at all "enough times".
> Why is there no way to do any of this?
Because it is impractical to assume an IP address can be mapped
uniquely to a geolocation.