[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Why are there no GeoDNS solutions anywhere in sight?
- Subject: Why are there no GeoDNS solutions anywhere in sight?
- From: mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta)
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:44:46 +0900
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> Why so many years after the concept has been introduced and has been
> found useful, can one not setup GeoDNS in under 5 minutes on one's own
> infrastructure, or use GeoDNS from any of the plentiful free or
> complementary DNS solutions that are offered by providers like he.net,
> xname.org, linode.com and others?
Because we are mobile and want to use our IP addresses and domain
names regardless of our current locations.