[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Open Resolver Dataset Update
- Subject: Open Resolver Dataset Update
- From: tom.laermans at phyxia.net (Tom Laermans)
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 09:08:41 +0200
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 7/04/2013 19:46, Jared Mauch wrote:
> I've continued to update my dataset originally posted about two weeks ago. Please take a moment and review your CIDRs which may be running an open resolver.
> I've exposed one additional bit in the user-interface that may be helpful. Some DNS servers will respond with RCODE=0 (OK) but not provide recursion. nearly 90% of the servers in the database provide recursion.
What is the rationale behind listing servers not providing recursion on
a list of open resolvers?
As far as I know, responding either NOERROR or REFUSED produces packets
of the same size.