[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
alexandria cable cutters?
- Subject: alexandria cable cutters?
- From: woody at pch.net (Bill Woodcock)
- Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:55:43 -0700
- In-reply-to: <CD79FC16.871D%[email protected]>
- References: <CD79FC16.871D%[email protected]>
On Mar 28, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Warren Bailey <wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com> wrote:
> - Welding Gear is expensive, underwater gear is insanely expensive.
> - Welding is pretty difficult..
> - Underwater welding requires knowledge of SCUBA *AND* welding techniques under water.
> ...going after a specific cable with a welder sounds like someone had a real reason.
> ...the fact that they were using a welder, underwater, on a 15kV -48VDC fiber optic plant
I think I missed a step here. Where is the reference to the welding equipment coming from?
The photos show three scuba tanks and a float. I don't see any mention of welding equipment in the NYT or Guardian pieces, or in the Egyptian Navy's statement or photos.