[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Recovering from spam resulting from compromised account
- Subject: Recovering from spam resulting from compromised account
- From: mbarr at snap-interactive.com (Matthew Barr)
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:13:56 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
On Nov 21, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Dave Sotnick <sotnickd-nanog at ddv.com> wrote:
> Also had reports that we're still seeing bounces to Gmail, Comcast and
> Yahoo accounts.
The best thing to do is to go ahead and look at the bounce messages from the various ISP's, and see if they have any instructions or URL's to contact.
If you don't have any of those messages at hand, you can see the bounce codes in the logs of your mailserver.
If you don't have any useful messages in the bounce code, then you can probably look at the site for each ISP, and google their postmaster group.
mbarr at mbarr.net