25Mbps vs 4 Mbps

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Glen Kent wrote:

> The question then is that how does going for a higher BW connection from
> the service provider help?

That is like asking if a 600 bhp car is 6 times better than a 100 bhp car.

I'd say you definitely can benefit in surfing speed etc up to somewhere
5-15 megabit/s, after that it's hard to discern any difference in
interactivity. For youtube alone I doubt you'll notice that much
difference.unless you're watching 720p/1080p material, where you will
notice that 4 megabit/s probably isn't enough.

I've seen netflix 1080p stream use over 10 megabit/s in 30 second
interval, so sometimes it's good to have more :P

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se