[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MPLS acceptable latency?
- Subject: MPLS acceptable latency?
- From: jared at puck.nether.net (Jared Mauch)
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:16:14 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
On Nov 15, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Mikeal Clark wrote:
> I have some AT&T MPLS sites under a managed contract with latency
> averaging 75-85 ms without any load. These sites are only 45 minutes
> away. What is considered normal/acceptable?
MPLS as a technology should not add any significant delay as it is just a few bytes of label on the packet.
What is the physical path of the circuits involved? Have you asked for the design of them?