[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
qwest.net dropping packets... wife would like someone to pick them up please...
- Subject: qwest.net dropping packets... wife would like someone to pick them up please...
- From: don at bowenvale.co.nz (Don Gould)
- Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 18:55:39 +1300
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]om>
Hi Matt (and other helpful posters off list),
Yes, makes sense.
I'm told this pops up twice a month, so opps, clearly I need to spend
more time reading and learning! :)
Thanks to the person who pointed out the PTR rec suggests that the
impacted resource might be more west than I realised. I confess I don't
know the .us very well at all.
On 3/11/2012 6:43 p.m., Matthew Petach wrote:
> Hi Don, based on your mtr output, there's no loss to the end
> destination; one router along the path showing loss that does not
> continue to affect the rest of the path simply means the cpu on that
> router is a bit too busy to respond to icmp messages; but there's 0%
> loss beyond it, which means it's doing its primary job of forwarding
> packets just fine. Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend! Matt
31 Acheson Ave
Christchurch, New Zealand
Ph: + 64 3 348 7235
Mobile: + 64 21 114 0699