[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
why haven't ethernet connectors changed?
- Subject: why haven't ethernet connectors changed?
- From: bill at herrin.us (William Herrin)
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:43:04 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:
> So why, oh why, nanog the omniscient do we still use rj45's?
Because they *work*.
How much trouble do we have with USB or HDMI connectors coming loose?
Also, RJ45 is around the minimum size where you can hand-terminate a
cable. How would you go about quickly making a 36.5 foot 8 conductor
cable with, say, micro USB ends?
William D. Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004