[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
why haven't ethernet connectors changed?
- Subject: why haven't ethernet connectors changed?
- From: gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com (Gary Buhrmaster)
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:25:24 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:
> So why, oh why, nanog the omniscient do we still use rj45's?
Because 8P8C connectors are well understood (both
physically, and electrically)? And inertia matters.
On some newer kit, Apple has removed the Ethernet port
and uses a Thunderbolt <-> Ethernet dongle. Apple
seems to link Ethernet ports are too big.