[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
- Subject: Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
- From: bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com (bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com)
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:38:03 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 02:25:43PM -0500, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Joe Abley" <jabley at hopcount.ca>
> > >> Quite so: UMD: Where will the old IP route after the 6 month period
> > >> is complete? Somewhere safe?
> > As I understand it (but ask UMD!)
> > - D-Root is currently numbered out of a general-purpose UMD /16 into a
> > dedicated, specifically-assigned /24
> > - the UMD /16 is not going anywhere
> > The announcement is that D-Root is being renumbered, not that UMD is
> > renumbering its whole network.
> So, in short, UMD will still own the losing allocation, and be able to make
> relatively sure nothing else is placed at that IP (though of course they
> won't necessarily be able to make sure no one hijacks that entire prefix --
> does Renesys have a pay-special-attention list?)
> -- jra
But how do you know the Renesys allocations haven't been hijacked??