[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
- Subject: Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
- From: nick at foobar.org (Nick Hilliard)
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 13/12/2012 22:54, Jason Castonguay wrote:
> Advisory ? D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.
You've just given 3 weeks notice for a component change in one of the few
critical part of the Internet's infrastructure, at a time when most
networks have entered a configuration freeze (which will usually finish at
the end of 2013 week one or week two), and where two of those weeks are
holiday / slack periods in large parts of the world where many people won't
In addition, there is no further announcement notices on
www.root-servers.org, d.root-servers.net, www.iana.org or www.icann.org.
You are absolutely kidding, right?
Can I politely ask you / UMD to please reconsider the timing and
publicisation of this change because it has important operational
consequences for the entire globe.
If you decide reconsider this change, could you please:
- change the date to give the world several months warning.
- change the date something which doesn't conflict with any of the major
ethnic world holidays
- create notification pages on www.root-servers.org, d.root-servers.net,
www.iana.org or www.icann.org
- announce more widely across e.g. other global NOG mailing lists, RIR
mailing lists, etc