[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sunday Funnies: Using a smart phone as a diagnostic tool
- Subject: Sunday Funnies: Using a smart phone as a diagnostic tool
- From: jeff-kell at utc.edu (Jeff Kell)
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:52:43 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 2/27/2011 9:00 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Do you have a smartphone? Blackberry? iPhone? Android?
> Do you use it as a technical tool in your work, either for accessing
> devices or testing connectivity -- or something else?
I have a Droid2 with the "WiFi Analyzer" freebie app by Kevin Yuan.
Compared to dragging around a real analyzer, it's helpful in the field.
Certainly haven't gone to any great lengths to "find" more, or
purposefully use my phone as a test device, but at least that one is
handy (was discovered by our WiFi guy) and the price is right.