[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Howto for BGP black holing/null routing
- Subject: Howto for BGP black holing/null routing
- From: owen at delong.com (Owen DeLong)
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:53:52 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
I can't give you a step-by-step with configuration examples off the top
of my head, but, hopefully this helps:
1. Create a static anchor route to a magic "next-hop" value
such as 192.168.99.99 or whatever you choose.
2. Configure all your routers to route 192.168.99.99 to null.
3. Advertise that into your iBGP mesh from the blackhole anchor
On Feb 22, 2011, at 1:42 PM, David Hubbard wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has a howto floating around on the
> step by step setup of having an internal bgp peer for sending
> quick updates to border routers to null route sources of
> undesirable traffic? I've seen it discussed on nanog from
> time to time, typically suggesting using Zebra, but could
> not search up a link on a step by step.