[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Solar flare to reach earth
- Subject: Solar flare to reach earth
- From: jbates at brightok.net (Jack Bates)
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:20:11 -0600
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 2/17/2011 9:56 AM, andrew.wallace wrote:
> These "coronal mass ejections" will slam into the Earth's magnetic shield.
> The biggest flares can disrupt technology, including power grids, communications systems and satellites.
> "Our current view is that the effect of the solar flare is likely to
> reach Earth later today (Thursday GMT), possibly tomorrow morning," said Alan Thomson, head of geomagnetism at the British Geological Survey
The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!
We have been saved from dealing with IPv6 by solar flares! Everyone
power off their computers and routers now. :)
Jack (my bridge troll is very fat)