[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Failure modes: NAT vs SPI
- Subject: Failure modes: NAT vs SPI
- From: lowen at pari.edu (Lamar Owen)
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:53:58 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Monday, February 07, 2011 04:33:23 am Owen DeLong wrote:
> 1. Scanning even an entire /64 at 1,000 pps will take 18,446,744,073,709,551 seconds
> which is 213,503,982,334 days or 584,542,000 years.
> I would posit that since most networks cannot absorb a 1,000 pps attack even without
> the deleterious effect of incomplete ND on the router, no network has yet had even
> a complete /64 scanned. IPv6 simply hasn't been around that long.
Sounds like a job for a 600 million node botnet. You don't think this hasn't already crossed botnet ops minds?