[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is it permissible to advertise number resources allocated by one RIR to a ISP in a region governed by a different RIR? Practical?
- Subject: Is it permissible to advertise number resources allocated by one RIR to a ISP in a region governed by a different RIR? Practical?
- From: bicknell at ufp.org (Leo Bicknell)
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:23:43 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]rian.local>
- References: <[email protected]rian.local>
In a message written on Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:59:31PM -0600, Crooks, Sam wrote:
> Is it permissible, from a policy perspective, for a multi-homed end user
> to announce the numbering resource allocation received from one RIR (for
> discussion purposes, let's say ARIN) to upstream service providers in a
> different region (for example, in the RIPE region)?
There are probably thousands if not tens of thousands of prefixes
announced in multiple regions, or even just different regions then
they were allocated. Perfectly normal.
Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org - CCIE 3440
PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 826 bytes
Desc: not available