[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
And so it ends...
- Subject: And so it ends...
- From: drc at virtualized.org (David Conrad)
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:11:30 -1000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Feb 3, 2011, at 8:53 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:
>> As far as I am aware, the USG contract is with ICANN, not ARIN (see
>> section C.126.96.36.199).
> Correct. _They_ can can delegate "as they see fit", with no requirement
> to provide competing alternatives. ARIN, the delegatee, is not the
> 'monopolist' -- the party controlling the situation -- they are just a
> delagatee of the party who has the monopoly position.
An interesting perspective. Thanks!