Gigabit speed test anybody?

Rick. The speedtests are only as good as the hosts they're hosted on and the path by which you reach them.

I use iperf on each end of a link that I'm turning up. I put Linux hosts at both endpoints, but I believe iperf comes in a windows flavor too.

-b
From: Rick Ernst [ernst at easystreet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:05 AM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Gigabit speed test anybody?

Resent from my subscribed address. Hopefully this isn't a dupe to anybody.

I'm working on turning up our first GigE connection (400mbs CIR) and the
various online speedtests I'm aware of choke after about 100Mbs or so.

Does anybody know of testing sites that can handle higher bandwidth, or
have an ftp host or similar to test against?

I'm connected to Level3, backhauled to Seattle, WA.

Thanks,
Rick