SNMP and syslog forwarders

Hi,

It's looking like running all of our traps and syslog through a couple
of relay devices (and then onwards to the various NMS's) would be quite
a win for us.

These relay devices just need to be "dumb" forwarders (we don't require
any filtering or storing, just reflection), but we need an HA pair
(across two sites) without creating duplicates.

I have the coding skills to make this myself, but as coding skills come
and go in our network team, we are looking for a commerical product so
it will continnue to work after I get:  hit by a bus / amnesia / visions
of grandeur.

Any recommendations / experience? This needs to scale to ~1,500 devices.

Thanks,

Sam