[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Update] Re: New ISP to market, BCP 38, and new tactics
- Subject: [Update] Re: New ISP to market, BCP 38, and new tactics
- From: bdfleming at kanren.net (Brad Fleming)
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:20:21 -0600
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Feb 4, 2009, at 2:52 AM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
If I understand this correctly, there will be a route entered on each
edge router for all sources that are participating in a DDoS attack.
Is anyone worried about TCAM usage if one of their customers gets hit
with a larger DDoS attack? Add in our IPv6 and V4 multicast tables
chewing up more TCAM space and things get even more dicy!
For my part, I'd be worried if the overall IPv4 unicast route table
got much larger than ~1million entries because our hardware-based
routers might run out of TCAM and bring the whole network to a